Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 18

Made it - 800 miles on the ICW in 18 days. Left Reedville this morning (solo) at 7:00 am. Hit a nasty thunderstorm on the Chesapeake around 11:00 am, but nothing the SOB couldn't handle. Arrived at my home port of Herrington Harbour North in Deale, MD at 4:00 pm. Cruised 88 miles today.

I'd like to thank my crew members (deck apes) Marianne, Dan, and Robert. Thanks for the line handling, fixing me lunch, pushing the SOB off the sand bars (Robert), and sharing "the experience" with me. I could not have done it without you.

Obviously, the SOB arrived a few days early, so there will be no party at Solomons Island on Friday, April 15.

However, everyone is invited to party with me on the SOB Saturday (April 16) afternoon/evening starting at 3:00 pm at Herrington Harbour North in Deale. The SOB is in slip C-9. Call me if you need directions.

Pic is of the SOB at home port of Herrington Harbour North...

1 comment: