Sunday, March 27, 2011

The adventure begins...

For those of you tracking us, today we are starting a three week trek up the Intercoastal Waterway (ICW) from Brunswick, GA, to Annapolis, MD. We left from a private dock on the Little Satilla River close to where it crosses I-95 about noon, and cruised at about 8 mph east on the Little Satilla (against the tide), crossed Jekyll sound, and headed north on the ICW. We arrived at the Morning Star Marina on St. Simons Island about 3:30, and will spend the night here. We traveled about 30 miles. There were severe thunderstorms all around us all day, but we were lucky and never experienced any really rough weather. The SOB ran great and we didn't have any problems except...

My Blackberry died. No phone service, no texting, nothing. I'll call 9500 (from my wife's phone) in the morning to see if I can get it fixed.

Today was a bit hectic, so I didn't get to take any pictures. I promise I'll take pics tomorrow and post them...

No comments:

Post a Comment